Friday, February 16, 2018

Injured Firefighter

Injured Firefighter


Why do I do what I do?  The answer is simple, but how I arrived at that answer is not.  Maybe the answer isn't as important without also knowing the journey I've been on.  And my journey hasn't been an easy one, not by any stretch of the imagination.  But first I had to become an Injured Firefighter.



Since becoming a firefighter was the realization of a childhood dream, I never put much thought into a "Plan B."  As a result, I simply lived each day waiting to see what adventures would come my way.  And for 33 years I just went through life that way, oblivious to what was coming.  But I did have a rude awakening coming.

When I Became An Injured Firefighter


So to be honest, I lost count of how many times I was actually injured in the line of duty.  It was the culmination of several injuries over the years and the complications that developed as I got older.  I had a compression fracture to my spine, a bulging disc, degenerative arthritis in my back and knee - it was all adding up and taking a toll on me.

By January 2014, I was forced to give up firefighting and I was crushed.  Within just a few months I ended up in the hospital 3 times, I lost my job, I was broke, I was homeless and I was alone.  I lost hope and it was the worst damn time of my life!

Injured Firefighter To Marketing Ninja


I struggled for 2 years to get back on my own feet after going tens of thousands of dollars further into debt.  So when I was healthy enough again, I took a job as a truck driver and I hated every second of it.  I used that negative experience to push me to find something better and create a new life.

Finally I found the answers I was looking for in direct response marketing.  So I deep-dived into learning as much as I could and started experimenting with my new skills.  Also, I found my new skills and knowledge meshed well with my prior experiences with in-bound content marketing.  I also seen the incredible power of marketing changing my life, so I made a choice.

That's why I do what I do.

[caption id="attachment_3068" align="aligncenter" width="468"]Injured Firefighter to Marketing Ninja: Charles E. Snyder III Marketing Charles E. Snyder III Marketing - Direct Response Marketing Services that deliver incredible results![/caption]

No comments:

Post a Comment